Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Columbia River Gorge

After dropping my sister off at the airport and getting a speeding ticket (Hi, Mom!), RightHand and I headed out for more sight-seeing.

We were immediately cursing ourselves for not washing the darn window! It was nasty in the sunlight!

Our first glimpse of the river

Arriving

First we stopped at an overlook

Cape Horn- not really significant :)

My fellow photographer

Yes, that's the sun rising. Did I mention this was at 7:00 a.m?!!! My sister's flight was at 6:00 a.m., and we just went from the airport...

Happy but tired :)

Cutie- not tired! grrr...

Beautiful setting

Lone rock

Again...

That's Crown Point on the cliff in the distance...you'll see more of that in a bit!

A little closer...

Sheer cliffs

Netting to hold the rocks off of us- makes me so nervous!

Excited!

We hoped out of the car again and spotted these insect-catching boxes. Some kind of scientific study goin' on

Beautiful field and river

And railroad track

No comments:

Post a Comment