Sunday, August 2, 2009

Three's Company

On their second full day, we headed down to the awesome Portland Saturday Market.

Okay, well, first this little section that was called Skidmore Market

Then Portland Saturday Market! Doesn't Jen look so PacNor? I provided her with the pro-conservation shirt, but she brought to knee shorts and hiking shoes all on her own! So proud!

Mom and Jen, looking so cute

Jen and me, not looking so cute- I look like I've ballooned up! Crap.

And me and mom. Yup, think we covered all of the combos now!

The same violin-playing Jesus from the Vancouver Market!!!
I think there is a Tom Hanks movie-worthy conspiracy afoot...

Oh how I love their tagline!

Lots of unique goods to be found! Mom was pretty intrigued by all of the duct tape offerings, but, I am pleased to say, refrained from adding any to her accessories. And let me just say, Damn right a duct tape wallet better only take 5 minutes to make!!

This guy finds rocks that naturally look like the letters of "love"! I love it! Har, har... Man, I should've bought one. Yes, that's right- my mom doesn't need duct tape, but I need rocks! :)

Cool booth that had tons of things made out of silverware!

Even business card holders...

And soap dishes. As you can see, I was rather impressed with this booth- so creative!

Loved these old key necklaces- so enchanting!

Crazy bird feeders that look like a giant cup and saucer

Ah! Cutest earrings ever!

Mmmm- real cupcakes! The SWEET POTATO PIE one was awesome! (They had samples)

Jenny decided that a 15 minute massage was in order. Oddly enough, she says this one in a crowded market was the best she's ever gotten!

Mom thought the sinks outside the "Honey Pots" were basically the coolest thing that ever happened in the entire world. Here she is pumpin' the water with her foot.

Jen and I loved these paintings. And that's not my flash, that's the actual depiction of sunlight filtering through the tree. It was awesome!

Jenny and Mom fell in love with these colorful hanging vases

I'm starting to really love funky murals on buildings

And this ode to PBR was pretty priceless!


No comments:

Post a Comment