Friday, July 3, 2009

Coastin'

Well, after nearly a week of suspense, I'm finally posting the pictures from last weekend's trip to the coast. It was SO incredible. Be jealous. Be very jealous. And then, what are you waiting for? Get yourself there!

We started out waiting in a huge line at Escola State Park, near Cannon Beach.

First, we were just looking at the huge line:



And then, we started noticing something through the trees...



The coast!

The park ranger was only letting one car go toward Indian Beach when one car came out. We told him that we only wanted to take a look, that we weren't planning on stopping at the beach (this was the truth). Well, he said he still couldn't let us just go ahead. And good thing, too, because who wouldn't stop at this gorgeous beach? We had to go see it, touch it, admire it...everything! once it came into view:

Well, here's the curvy road to get there

Yes, I do Snap and Drive. Do as I say, not as I do, kids.

Mama Bush was on mission!

Behold!

THIS is the kind of beach I like. Forget the palm trees. Give me the whipping wind, the dramatic rock formations, and the extremely nearby forests. Heaven on Earth.

Stunning water

Couldn't stop taking pictures of all of the relaxing people and happy dogs

Lookin' good- it was windy!

We started down the path to the beach:


This giant trunk was simply cut, not moved, to make way for people

A nice little bridge

Clear stream

Really enchanting path

Almost there!

On the beach- really uncomfortable rocks to walk over first, though. I guess they want to test your dedication first!

I took off running for the water!

And passed a girl and her pug along the way!

The pug says "Hi! Snort snort snort snort!" to RightHand!

Gorgeous! But cold....!

Took this pic and then ran back to the warm sand!

The surfers were all in wetsuits

Everywhere I looked, breathtaking

So darn windy!

Mom was cold!

The forest backing right up to the beach is TOO COOL! Somewhere in there is a trail that I hope to hike with RightHand.

I LOVE THE PACNOR!

So small on the beaches!

Mama and my's feet

1 comment:

  1. I always knew you couldn't talk pug. She beautiful . . . and the beach and forest too!
    -Ryan

    ReplyDelete