Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Game On

Love this PacNor scene

I was really enchanted with the moon that evening; it has always kind of called to me

Ooooo, shooting star moon!

The pool and my feetsies

The view below- with some blurs that are fireworks :)

Even though I am going to continually try, I literally CANNOT describe to you the incredible amount of fireworks that we could see from Liz's house on the hill. Here are my video attempts, which I still think are worth watching:


My first video- I wish I would have lingered on certain spots longer- lessons learned. I love how you can hear explosions, laughing, etc.- the 4th!


This video is nothing special, but towards the very end you can hear Natalie's little voice yelling "Nice Job!" and then I start laughing goofily

Once it was darker, you can definitely see a lot more on the video, and I attempt to show my face- fail. (Sorry, RightHand! And thanks for loving my face!)


Pretty awesome video that gives you an even better sense of the atmosphere

I leave you with this Home and Gardens-esque scene. Because in the end, that's what it's about, right? Flags, wine, and candles? Nah. I honestly find it insulting when people talk about their fellow Americans not understanding the meaning or importance of holidays like the 4th of July. Honestly, it seems to me that most people who lived through September 11th, if they can TRULY tap back into how they felt that day, well, they know what it's all about. Love you, America.

Happy Belated Fourth, everybody.

1 comment:

  1. nice attempt on videoing (is that a word???) the fireworks. to those who don't believe, that was probably about 30-40 miles worth of fireworks. we could see portland from battle ground! pretty impressive even for the locals!
    ~Annie

    ReplyDelete