Friday, June 12, 2009

Freddie the Frog

Gather 'round, children. It's finally time to tell you the tale of my prince, Freddie.

Here he is, calling to me in the night:

Click here to listen

Well, I just simply couldn't live with him any longer! His incessant croaking was annoyingly rhythmic, and then he started changing it up (trying different pickup lines with the lady frogs?) and yup, that was annoying too.

So, one night, when Stacy and Eric were over for dinner, Freddie started up again, and I told them my tale of woe. Well, being the intoxicated men that they were, Tom and Eric immediately set up capturing Freddie and bringing peace to my slumber:


Well, that was just hilarious to witness. After a while with no frog being produced, most of us went back inside to relax. And then, we heard the words that will live in infamy:

"Do you want to meet a true American hero?"

Eric had caught Freddie!!! Drunk! With his bare hands! Here is the poor little guy with a BIG sound:


And here is a more official photo- aka the State Frog of Washington aka The Pacific Tree Frog aka The CHORUS Frog!

Being the ALDF employee that I am, I protested him being flushed, and Stacy and Eric released him in a swampy ditch on their way home that night.

Here is the hero, modeling his new COACH diaper bag (truly!):


Tom and Elizabeth have designed an award to present to him next time. Yep, he's the Champion of the First Annual Tukes Mountain Frog Catching Contest! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment