Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Headin' Home

Well, the first day was over and all of us were completely exhausted. But I certainly perked up from the beautiful sights and fresh air as my boss drove me boated me back to the hotel! I know, it's getting old, but still, it must be said: BEST. JOB. EVER!!!! :)

Spotted some geese as we headed out in the dingy

The view over the little bow- heading right towards downtown Seattle

That pretty bridge from earlier

The load: My purse/bag, a gift for Elizabeth, and my yummy pizza

Huge luxury boats and houses on water in the distance

A closer look at the houses- most of them were so well kept

A blurry picture of a popular park by the water

The obligatory space needle shot

The lovely city

Zoomed out, over the bow

A distant look at the scenery, including a cancer center that Elizabeth had been to with Don, her late husband :( Neat that it is so close to the water, though

Loved the church on the hill

Closer to the needle (God! Will those cranes please get out of my way?!)

My hotel in the near distance, so close to the marina

I know, I know, lots of pics, but the lake speed limit was s.l.o.w., so I had plenty of time!!

On the walk back, I saw this boat for sale. Looks pretty nice, I wonder how much it is...any guesses?

If you said 2.5 MILLION, we have a winner!! ::Faints::

I was soooo deliriously happy to take off my shoes (apparently I annoyed RightHand with my audible groaning in pleasure over the phone) and sit down to check some e-mail and eat some awesome pizza

Roasted vegetable on the left (it had a spicy kick, but was good) and a vegan piece made with pesto on the right (it was SO good and I'm proudly getting so close to going vegetarian)

After that, I fell into a nice comatose state in my bed, only to wake-up to alarms and strobe lights. Oh yes, the hotel fire alarm DID have to go off right as I was nodding off. Oh well- I threw my jacket on, trodded down to the lobby (better safe than sorry!), and was told I could go back to bed thankyouverymuch within about 2 minutes.) I was drooling within seconds, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment