Saturday, June 20, 2009

The Rainy City

I got pretty giddy at my first sighting of the Space Needle, so Mary snapped my pic.

Cool

Ugh! A Pepsi sign! A new civil war to be fought, my fellow Georgians! Just kidding- I've never cared much for defending Coke to the death

Another shot, but with a crane in the way- there is construction everywhere!

One of the buses that blew by us as we waited for the trusty #5 to take us to dinner

The public bus, with my (unsuspecting) fellow clerk, Mary, on the right

Mary pointed out this guy as the typical Seattle dweller- haha! His car doesn't look nearly as crazy in the pic as it did in person. But I'm still wondering, did he forget his drinks on top, or were they glued there??

The restaurant, Carmelita, a posh vegetarian place

Beautiful poppy painted on the wall (Here's lookin' at you, Mom! :)

Delicious pita and hummus appetizer

Delicious champagne ordered by Lisa

My dish, spaetzle, with fancy mushrooms, truffle oil, etc. etc. etc.!

Another shot- the pasta was tiny and green!

My dessert- a semifreddo- yum! (I realized I hadn't had dessert in a restaurant in quite awhile- this was such a yummy treat!)

Lisa's vegan dessert- pretty awesome!

On the way back, we walked down there. Yeah. The sign said: "Pedestrian walkway" and as you can see, there is kind of a sidewalk. Dear Seattle, This is NOT a suitable pedestrian walkway. Signed, On-Her-Ninth-Life Reagan

Mary spotted this cute dog portrait on the side of a building- good eyes!!

Ah, home! And a crappy picture.

That's where I am now and I reallllly need to get some sleep to prepare for the Fremont Fair tomorrow. 6:45 a.m. meet-up in the lobby! Goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. Look, if you want to get a clear picture, press the button lightly first so it focuses and then take the shot. Just Sayin . . .

    ReplyDelete