Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Heartbreak Hotel

After the market, we headed over to the Southwest Washington Humane Society to find out more about their foster program. (Looks like Elizabeth and I will be taking in some kittens soon! They need people to take in underweight kittens for a few weeks and plump them up. We can definitely do that!!)

Yay for rescuing animals!

I wish they wouldn't even put "Pet Surrenders" on the sign- it just shouldn't be an option/idea

Elizabeth took off toward the adoptions area :)

First up, the cat area:

Precious little baby

OMG too much cute in one cage!!

They had cute suggestions of reasons to adopt black cats (the least popular)
This one says "Top 10 Reasons to Adopt a Black Cat #9: You can always find them in the snow."

Another: "Love knows no color." Wow. Kind of a lesson for all of humanity. :)

Elizabeth's true love, Collin

Another pic- she's still talking about him!!

This poor baby was seeking refuge in the litter box :(

To the dogs!

Some pens had the middle door lifted if there was only one dog- it's so nice that they can have more room if possible

Oh, let the puppy dog eyes begin!

Hard to get them to stand still!

Another angle

Aw, sweet old guy

This guy was a huge poofball!

The poofball looking up (Not about to bite me, I swear)

The pup that Elizabeth and Tom wanted to take home!

The yellow lab-husky mix that I was fawning over- he was gorgeous! I'm sure he'll go fast, especially because he looks like the typical awesome family dog

This is when I started tearing up. They are just such sweet, innocent animals who only want love and a good home...

And look at these numbers. I used to somehow forgive people for buying from breeders, etc., knowing that I myself never would, but NO MORE. We can no longer allow others to be so irresponsible when there are THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of perfect animals needing homes.

And here is the beautiful blue-eyed kitten that I fell in love with!
Such a dangerous place for an animal lover!!

Adopt today! And encourage others to do so! And yell at them if they go to a pet shop or breeder- I've got your back!

1 comment:

  1. What are the chances I can take home one othe hotties in the last pic?

    ReplyDelete