Friday, June 19, 2009

Train in the Distance

Well, I had my first Amtrak experience today and let me say that it is soooooo much better than flying! (Yeah, my parents/entire family is in the industry, but that doesn't mean I can't hate those tiny seats!)

I left from the Vancouver station- Portland to the left, Seattle to the right.

The parking lot/station

The track looking towards Portland

Walking to the station

Inside the station- looks just like in the movies/old TV shows! :)

Waiting on the platform...

It was a really nasty/industrial area

I think the writing on the side of those towers said it was a mining company. Looks like scraps of metal and junk were everywhere, with big bulldozers/scoopers moving around, and trains going in and out.

The station itself really was cute

Finally, I see the light!

Comin' my way

Pretty train (It's true- I've inheirited my dad's reverence for the machines)

Here she is!

All aboard!

No comments:

Post a Comment