Friday, June 19, 2009

The Little Engine That Was Wonderful

The train was so comfortable, and there was lots to see outside:


Beside a river

Very cozy to be on the train while the weather was dark

The magical doors between cars- they open with the touch of a button and feel like they're from the future ;)

The bathrooms were HUGE. Oh thank you, Goddess! (Yes, someone did ask me why I was taking a picture of the bathroom. Clearly they do not live life to the fullest! ;)

The train had a surprisingly big and delicious menu- I had a mozzarella and pest sandwich on foccacia (sp?) and Mary had pretzels and hummus

After a quick lunch-induced nap, I woke up to some more beautiful scenery:


The clouds were looking so cool

A marina or something? I don't remember what I was trying to capture here...

Just awesome

Homes that surely have beautiful views

A PacNor pine got in my way, but I liked it :)

Neat bridge we rode by

Boeing! Hi, Mr. RighHand's Dad!

Neat building as we pulled into Seattle. It had cool stars on its top, but you can't really make them out in the photo. Bummer. EDIT: Elizabeth's friend, Donna, says that the building is Starbucks's headquarters!

The Seattle train stop is right in the city's sports stadium

The Seattle station was pretty nice

Another view (Oh these poor people that don't even know they're on my blog, being seen by MILLIONS! Or one or two of you ;)


1 comment: